The Chair Of St. Peter



The story of The Chair of Saint Peter started after the Resurrection of Christ. Jesus asked "Peter do you love me?" Peter replied "Yes my lord I do." Christ asked a second time "Peter do you love me?" again peter responded "Yes my lord I do." Christ ask for the third and final time "Peter son of John do you love me?" Peter said for the third time "My lord you know I love you."Jesus said to Peter you are the rock,and upon this Rock, I will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. To you have I entrusted the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." When Jesus handed the keys of Heaven to Peter, Peter at that time became the First Pope of the Catholic Church.Us as Catholics have Celebrated the Feast of The Chair Of St. Peter since the fourth century.The Chair of St. Peter is still intact in Saint Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.


The Chair of Saint Peter in Saint Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.

Prayer
All-powerful Father,
you have built your Church
on the rock Saint Peter's confession of faith.
May nothing divide or weaken
our unity in faith and love.
We ask this through Christ
our lord.
AMEN

Popular posts from this blog

St. James the Greater

Blessed José Sánchez del Río

St. Stephen